We celebrate a lot of things in America. Some are well known and important like Veterans Day. Some are aimed at a niche group like May the Fourth. Some are strange like Hoodie Hoo Day, and some I just don’t believe like Eyelash Day.
However, there are some that are worthy of a celebration which brings us to today, National Margarita Day.
Not that you need a reason to celebrate the margarita, right?
I’m not big on cocktails, but I love a good margarita. Tequila and lime must be my love language. Apparently, our team loves them, too. From Texas to Japan to England, here are some of our favorites.
By the way, we don’t think those calories are totally correct and calories on margaritas shouldn’t count anyway!
Mallory prefers a fruitier take on the drink:
- 2 oz tequila
- 1oz triple sec
- 1/2 a lime of lime juice
- 1.5 oz pineapple juice
- 3 oz guava juice
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Shake with ice. Use sugar on rim instead of salt. Add lemon slice for garnish.
Brittany loves a bubbly version:
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- ½ to 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- Champagne, Prosecco, or another sparkling wine
- Lime juice and salt for the rim of the glass
- Ice cubes
- Combine tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur in a shaker with ice.
- Pour over ice and top with Champagne. Sip and feel fancy!
Amber likes a no frills margarita:
- Step one: Add tequila to a glass.
- Step two: Add ice and enjoy!
Meredith says that she like a less sweet margarita:
- 1 can frozen limeade
- Use empty can as measuring cup!
- 1 can Gold Tequila
- 1 Corona
- 1 can 7-Up
- Mix all together and serve chilled!
Christy prefers a similar recipe (but in bulk):
- 1 case Corona (12 bottles)
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 can of frozen limeade
- Make sure to put it in something large and classy like one of those Gatorade water coolers.
- Serve to all of your friends!
Michelle lets us know that all good Texans love this recipe:
- Good tequila
- Topo Chico
- Lime juice
Erin reminds us that there are some great ready-made versions: